Examination Fees and Medicare Rebates
Consultation Fees and Medicare rebates:
- General Optometry examinations receive a medicare rebate, leaving a small gap payment. The rebate will be determined by the date of your last eye examination and the type of eye examination conducted.
- Bring to your appointment your Medicare card, Health fund insurance card and eftpos card ( with cheque or savings account ) so your rebate can be processed on the spot.
Spectacles, Sunglasses and Contact Lenses
- We charge only the recommended retail (or less) for all spectacles and contact lenses.
- Concessions are available for Pensioners.
- We offer special rates of 50% off second pairs of Spectacles and prescription sunglasses*
Health Fund Rebates
Private health funds (MBF, HCF, etc..) provide rebates for spectacles and contact lenses. These are for set amounts in the different tables of coverage. It is also possible to select lenses and frames which are fully covered by these rebates.
Not all Health Funds and coverage tables provide the same level of rebate:
- Single Vision Spectacles – $80 to $225*
- Bifocal Spectacles – $110 to $250*
- Progressive Spectacles – $130 to $300*
- Soft Contact Lenses – $110 to $250*
Approximate rebates *
We are able to claim directly for some funds, thus avoiding the need for patients to pay and claim. Our staff will advise whether your fund and level of coverage is included in these arrangements.
Spectacles and contact lenses are provided under the Veterans Affairs scheme to all holders of a valid and appropriate Veterans Affairs card. Our staff will be pleased to advise you on your entitlement.